How to Use CapCut Complete Beginner Guide
Table of Contents
Capcut is one of the most used and famous video editing apps for Android users developed by Bytedance Pte Ltd. Same Company that created the TikTok App.
The Capcut app is very easy to use and has a very large market share in the video editing community. After the growth of the TikTok App, the large user base of TikTok contributes to the growth of the capcut app.
Today we are going to provide you with the complete capcut beginner guide which will help you to understand the capcut app and how to use it for a great video editing experience. This is the complete Beginner to Advance Capcut Guide.
We covered almost everything from creating the new project, editing it from the very basics, and the final step to exporting it or sharing it.
Also Check: Capcut For IOS
How to Use CapCut App
- Step 1: Download and Install the capcut App.
- Step 2: Open it and click New Project.
- Step 3: After that, you will see your videos and images and select them to edit (you can also select multiple videos and images)
- Step 4: Start the editing by exploring.
Introducing the CapCut Interface
- Preview Window: You can see the capcut main editing interface which includes the playback video, pitch, drag, rotate, and interface with the clips showing side by side to you.
- Timeline: You can easily manage the timeline assemble, arrange, and apply edits to your video.
- Main Toolbar: The Main toolbar includes the all controls of the editing interface.
- Sub Toolbar: All the toolbars are dedicated to some special controls of the video and same like the sub toolbar includes video clips, text controls, overlay, and many more.
For More Info Please WAtch This Tutorial!!
Click To Watch Tutorial: How to Use CapCut Video Editor
How to Do Basic Editing in CapCut
How to Trim Videos in CapCut
After adding your video to the timeline Simply follow these steps to trim your video.
- Tap on the video that you want to trim you will see the white frame around it
- Tap and hold the video from the white frame and drag it to trim the video
- You can also drag from the opposite side of the trimmed video
To trim and video there a very simple and easy steps when you are trimming the video from its edges the adjacent clips will move along.
Click To Watch Tutorial: How to Trim Video in Capcut
How to Split Videos in CapCut
If you want to split a clip in capcut just follow the simple steps.
- Click on the video clip and make sure it is selected
- Hit the Split Icon in the toolbar below.
You can perform the following edits after splitting the clip
- Add transitions in between after creating the split;
- You may also remove unwanted parts by tapping the split clip and hitting the Delete icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Insert new clips in between two or more video clips.
Click To Watch Tutorial: How to Split CapCut Video
How to Resize Videos in CapCut
When you are trying to share to certain social media platforms you need to share a video with the aspect ratio on the video.
To Resize Your Video Just Follow the simple steps
- Tap on the video clip that you want to change the ratio
- After That click on the Format Button at the bottom of the Screen
- There are many resize ratios for video clips select the right one you need
Click To Watch Tutorial: How to Resize Video in CApcut
How to Mirror Video in CapCut
Mirror the video is simply a way to convert your video horizontally, or it is a way to create interesting effects when two video clips are placed side by side in a single video clip.
To Mirror a video horizontally follow these steps
- After You Import Your Video clip into the capcut app
- You will see the toolbar pop up at the bottom of the screen. Tap Edit from the Menu.
- Here you will see another Edit option right between the Extract Audio and Filters Tools, tap on it.
- Hit the Mirror Tool Option inside the edit.
Click To Watch Tutorial: How to Mirror Video in Capcut
How to Rotate Video in CapCut
To rotate the wrong video orientation in capcut just go to the edit icon then click on the rotate icon and rotate the video as you want
Click To Watch Tutorial: How to Rotate Video?
How to Change Speed in CapCut
To Increase or decrease the speed of the capcut video just click on the Speed Icon next to the Split option and adjust the speed of the video according to your need.
Click To Watch Tutorial: How to Change Clip Speed in CapCut
How to Reverse a Video in CapCut
To reverse the video in capcut click on the Reverse Icon in the capcut bottom of the toolbar there is the Reverse Icon Use it.
Click To Watch Tutorial: How to Reverse a Video?
How to Use Overlays in CapCut
How to Use Green Screen in CapCut
You can easily remove the background of any video by applying Chroma keys in the capcut. Make sure that you already have a green screen overlay in your gallery. The overlay is a green video you can easily download it from YouTube or any video platform after that Follow the steps below.
- Step 1: Upload your background clips to CapCut. Create a new project in capcut select your video you can also select multiple videos for your project.
- Step 2: Add the green screen video as an overlay. After that click on the “Add Overlay” button and select the green overlay video you want to add to the background.
- Step 3: Select the color you wish to remove. Tab on your green overlay video click on the Chroma Key button and tap it. The color popup will appear and then select the green color or any other you want to remove.
- Step 4: Remove the selected color. Tap on the Intensity Then You will see a slider at the bottom. Drag and Drop the slider till the selected color disappears.
Click To Watch Tutorial: How to Use Green Screen In Capcut?
How to Edit Text in CapCut
How to Use Text Tracking in CapCut
The text Tracking feature of capcut can automatically animated according to the selected object.
- Create a new project
- Enter the text in the video, and tap on your video clip.
- Now Swap the toolbar until you see the tracking icon.
- Click on the Tracking icon and then click the auto-tracking green button.
Click To Watch Tutorial: How to Use Text Tracking?
How to Create the Text Behind Person Effect
If you want to add text behind the person. you can create trendy text effects like other creators. Placing the text behind a person is such an example.
- Add the normal text into your video that you want to show behind the person
- Create a new project and import the main video.
- Click on the overlay icon and select the text you want to add or write it.
- Use The Move Background capcut feature to remove the background, and all done.
Click To Watch Tutorial: How To Create Text Behind The Person?
How to Edit Audio in CapCut
How to Add Audio in CapCut
To add audio to a video you have to click on the Audio Icon in the capcut there are many audio in the capcut stock audio gallery if you want to use them simply select from there or you may also add your audio by clicking on sounds and the import audio from your mobile gallery. You can also extract audio from your video stored in the mobile gallery.
Click To Watch Tutorial: How to Add Audio From Official Gallery?
How to Change Audio Volume in CapCut
To change the audio volume in capcut you have to click on the volume icon in the toolbar section you may include the audio or mute it.
Click To Watch Tutorial: How to Change Audio?
How to Use Auto Caption in CapCut
Auto Caption is the most famous and useful feature of capcut captions also called subtitles.
To make videos with auto captions in your video follow these simple steps.
- If You want to add a caption for background music you can tap on the video track and hit the Volume icon to apply it.
- You can also tap on the video and hit Extract to separate that audio onto the dedicated audio track. Then you can tap on the audio clip and use the audio tool on it.
Click To Watch Tutorial: How to Use Audio?
How to Apply Advanced Editing in CapCut
How to Add Effects in CapCut
Capcut has many pre-made effects in its gallery you can easily use those effects in your videos to enhance the performance of the video. The effects gallery included many of the top trending and famous effects in the market.
- Tap on a video clip and click on the star-shaped Effect icon.
- Tap Video Effects and select according to your interest.
- Use the presets to polish the video clip. The effects will be shown as a purple clip underneath the main video.
Click To Watch Tutorial: How to Add Different Effects In CApcut Video?
Also Check: Capcut vs VN
How to Make a Picture Move in CapCut
If you want to make your picture move in capcut, you need to use the keyframe effects in capcut you can keyframe your position, scale, rotation angle, crop percentage, and many other parameters in CapCut.
Click To Watch Tutorial: How to MAke Picture Move?
Will I Lose Everything If I Delete CapCut?
Yes, it’s true when you delete your app all the projects you have created with the help of the capcut app will be deleted automatically. There is no guarantee that everything will be intact.
Click To Watch Tutorial: How Will I Lost Everything?
How to Export the Video from CapCut
After Finishing the editing it’s time to export your video to share with your friends or on the social media platforms follow the simple steps.
You will see the export video button on the top right corner of the Screen in capcut click on it and export.
- Resolution: 480p, 720p, 1080p, 2K/4K
- Frame Rate: 24, 25, 30, 50, 60
- Smart HDR: Option to turn video into “smart” HDR video
Click To Watch the Tutorial: How to Export Video.
In This Article, We have covered How to Use CapCut Complete Beginner Guide on Capcut which will give you an amazing video editing experience.
CapCut makes adding text a breeze. Simply select the Text option, type your message, and customize the font, color, and position.
Absolutely! CapCut is available for both Android and iOS devices, ensuring a consistent editing experience across platforms.
No hidden costs here! CapCut is a free-to-use video editing tool with a plethora of features accessible without any additional charges.
Yes, CapCut understands the importance of trial and error. Use the undo feature to revert any changes and perfect your edits.
CapCut supports a range of resolutions, including HD and 4K. Choose the resolution that suits your project’s requirements.